Hello Drink Lovers!
Let me preface this by saying I don’t love my blog server host – the newest stick in my craw is that I just wrote this entry once, and when I went to post it, it lost the whole thing. Frowny face.
So, here we go again! In our new home!
Thanks to all you wonderful people who stopped by the Serralles USA table today at Chicago Gourmet today for Don Q rum cocktails! So many of you asked for copies of my cocktail recipes, I decided to share them with the world (or, at least the sophisticated connoisseurs such as yourselves who inhabit my little corner of the world!)
- 1 ½ cups Don Q Gold Rum
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup canned evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon aromatic bitters
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and lime zest using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually pour in the condensed milk while continuing to mix, and then pour in the evaporated milk.
- Stir in the rum and bitters, and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve over crushed ice.
· 1 ½ oz Don Q Cristal Rum
· 1 ½ oz fresh squeezed lime juice
· 1 ½ oz mint simple syrup*
· ½ oz pomegranate juice
· 1 oz soda water
Directions1. Add lime juice, syrup, and rum to mixing glass
2. Fill with ice, cover with shaker tin, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds
3. Strain into highball glass over crushed ice
4. Add soda water, and roll to empty shaker and back to mix
5. Garnish with fresh mint sprig and lime
*mint simple syrup: combine equal parts white sugar & water over medium heat, stirring frequently; when simmering, reduce heat to medium; add 8 mint leaves per 8oz of syrup; simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly until desired mint flavor has developed.
Dark & Passionate (twist on a Dark & Stormy)
· 1 ½ oz Blackbeard Spiced Rum
· ¾ oz Jo Snow Ginger Passion Fruit syrup (http://www.josnowsyrups.com)
· 1 ½ oz soda water
1. Add rum and syrup to highball glass over ice
2. Add soda water
3. Roll to mixing tin or mix with bar spoon to blend soda water and other items
4. Garnish with lime
Please write to me if you have any questions about these recipes or anything else deliciously boozy!